March 30, 2011

"I keep my Promises"

Promises.....
we've all made promises
some we keep, some we break
whatever right ?

You know what....
it's time we really mean what we say, what we intent to do.
it's time we honor our own words and our intentions.
it's time we really keep our promises !!
promises to others, promises to ourselves and most importantly, Promises to God



We've all made promises that we've made for our own good, for our benefit.
This is more than just our New Year's Resolution.
This is so much more than that.
How many of you have made promises to yourself ?
"Imma clean my room, imma watch less TV, imma go on a diet, imma stop drinking, imma quit smoking, imma donate to charity, imma visit my grandparents, ....."
imma ...., imma....., imma..... etc
Which of those promises have you actually kept ?
Not just for 5 days or 2 weeks, but actually do constantly ?
Fail much ?

How many of you have made promises to God ?
"Dear God, please let there be no traffic, I'm late as it is, I promise I'll never curse again"
"Dear God, if I pass this exam, I promise I will pray every day"

"Dear God, please let me out of this debt, please give me a solution, I promise I'll always donate to charity"

"Dear God, please heal my disease, I can't take this anymore, please perform a miracle, I promise I'll be different person, I'll do anything, I promise, just heal me please"

Then what happens next ? What happens after your pass your exam, after there's no traffic, after you're miraculously escapes financial doom or death. What next ?
Do you keep your promise ?
Yes ? No ?
Are you just gonna "postpone" your promise hoping that He'll forget about it ?
Are you just gonna "cancel" your promise because right now, you don't really need Him ?

What if" it" came back ?
What if the debts start piling again ?
What if your disease comes back ?
What if ??
No, I'm not trying to scare you.
Making a promise is not about being scared of the "what ifs" or the "punishments" if you don't keep your promise. (altho you should be ;p)
Keeping your promises is about gratitude, it's about staying true to your commitment, it's about good intentions and strong consistent will.

Making a promise shows a true good intention, but Keeping a promise reveals who you really are, so when you make a promise, no matter to whom, you should be aware that you will keep it, just because.
and you'll grow as a person too.

I'm ashamed to say that I've never been a good keeper of my promises.
I break quite a lot of my own promises.
I don't want that anymore.
I want to change.
I want to be a better person.
I wanna do the right thing

So Now,
I make this page because I intent to keep my promises
Promises I make to others
Promises I make to myself
and especially,
Promises I make to GOD
It starts right here, right now.
and it feels good , it feels right :)



I hope I can encourage you to do the same.
Although the will to keep our promises should be embedded in our mind at all times, I also made this banner to help remind us to keep our promises.
You're free to download the banner and add it to your blog / website as a reminder that you want to keep your promises and Link it here so others can be encouraged too.
Pass it on :)

"I keep my Promises"



Email
networkofpies at gmail dot com

No comments: